There's nothing quite as ''in-your-face'' as a big-inch rat motor. With a much larger displacement than any factory big block Chevrolet offering, the World Products 509ci and 540ci Merlin power plants gives you ground-pounding horsepower and torque at a moderate price. World Products famed Merlin block is the foundation for these engines.
* Actual freight charges may vary depending on delivery location. Residential delivery and lift gate service available for an additional fee as determined by UPS. Doug Herbert Performance strongly recommends delivery to a commercial address or pick up from your local UPS terminal. A DHP shipping specialist will contact you with details on your shipment.
Please call 877-497-2787 if you have any questions or would like to phone in your order.
- Block: World Merlin III cast iron, billet main caps
- Crankshaft: Eagle 4340 crankshaft
- Balancer: ProRace Internal
- Connecting Rods: Eagle H-beam 4340 L-19 bolts
- Pistons: Premium Forged
- Piston Rings: Plasma Moly
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- 509ci Bore/Stroke: 4.500'' x 4.000''
- 540ci Bore/Stroke: 4.500'' x 4.250''
- Bearings: Clevite H-bearings
- Camshaft: Chet Herbert hydraulic lifter cam
- Timing Chain: Hardcore double roller
- Cylinder Heads: World Merlin 345 (cast iron or aluminum)
- Valves: Severe Duty 2.300'' Int/1.880'' Exh
- Valve Springs: Chet Herbert
- Retainers and Valve Locks: Chet Herbert
- Valve Seals: Chet Herbert
- Rocker Arm Studs: Chet Herbert
- Pushrods: Manley 4340 1-piece
- Rocker Arms: Scorpion aluminum roller rockers
- Oil Pan: Milodon/Canton
- Oil Pump: Melling
- Assembly Components: Stainless hardware
- Intake Manifold: Merlin single plane
- Carburetor: 870 cfm 4150 type
- Distributor: HEI
- Fuel: Pump gas